1. Runnymede Society is committed to protecting your privacy. Your personal information (including but not limited to your name, address, phone number, e-mail, and financial information) is stored using secure technologies on-site at our head office in Toronto, Ontario. Runnymede Society adheres to strict policies to prevent any unauthorized access or use of this information.
2. We receive personal information through our website, through our direct mail programs, through our employees, or by telephone and/or text messages. In most instances, any personal information has been voluntarily submitted by the individual the information describes. Any information obtained without the consent of the holder has been acquired through a publicly available repository, for example a phone book. This information is used exclusively to send or provide updates and information on Runnymede Society litigation and/or projects; to send supporter surveys; to send requested publications; to distribute event information and to process event registration; and to make requests for donations. The information is not used for any other purposes.
3. We do not, under any circumstances sell, exchange, or give away personal information which we have collected. We reserve the right to share aggregate information about our supporter base, stripped of any personally identifiable information, to third parties in order to comply with reporting obligations, and for business or marketing purposes. We also provide information to third parties on a strictly confidential and secured basis, to distribute faxes, e-mails, updates, surveys, telephone calls and text messages on our behalf.
4. Runnymede Society collects information for purposes of providing services and information to our supporters, as described in paragraph 2 above. Runnymede Society retains this information unless a request to be removed from Runnymede Society?s database is received. Information collected pursuant to event registration, donations, and other financial transactions, will be retained as long as required by the Canadian Customs and Revenue Agency for tax and audit purposes.
5. Access to all personal information is restricted to Runnymede Society offices, employees and authorized agents only.
6. Occasionally, Runnymede Society may provide information about other organizations through our updates or online links. Runnymede Society does not take any responsibility for the privacy policies of these organizations, and encourages users to review the privacy policies of such organizations.
7. To review your personal information collected by Runnymede Society or to be removed from our lists, please direct your request in writing to: